They referred themselves as the Elves of Arcadia or the Highborn. Eventually the Ionan Humans and the Danaan humans called them the Arcadian Elves. Those outside of Ionian lands called them the High Elves. The High Elves are lordly, callous, overbearing towards humans, and show disdain to most of them.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: High Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Constitution.
- Size: Elves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Elves are Humanoids with the elf subtype.
- Base Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus againstenchantment spells and effects.
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
- Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligencescores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.